Little Current, Ontario
Deadline April 6, 2018
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking a full-time Finance Clerk. The successful candidate assists with daily operations of the finance department, including responsibilities for: maintaining and reconciling the general ledger, cash flow, set up and managing vendor accounts and statements, streamlining vendor payment processes, full cycle of accounts payables, aging reports, receivables, bank reconciliation, other remittances, and audit preparation. The Finance Clerk will report directly to the Finance Officer.
The organization seeks a qualified candidate who is a self-starter, team player, and a well-organized professional who is able to meet deadlines for multiple programs. The position is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in developing their accounting, budgeting and office skills.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is an Aboriginal Health Access Centre that provides traditional healing, primary health, mental health, and health promotion services to the seven First Nations and off-reserve community members living within the Manitoulin Island District. Visit our web-site at www.noojmowin-teg.ca. Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance or a related field, preferred
- Work experience in finance or accounting, preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP, non-profit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, internal controls, compliance, and reporting, preferred
- Experience with accounting software, preferably Sage 50
- Proficiency with MS Excel and XLGL, mandatory
- Excellent written, verbal and technology communication skills, mandatory
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, plan and be detail oriented, mandatory
- Work experience with Anishinabek organizations or communities, an asset
- Anishnabe or aboriginal ancestry, or the ability to speak Anishinabemowin, an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential.” Email submissions are preferred. Employment offers will be contingent upon satisfactory reference checks, criminal records check and clear driver’s record.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
Human Resources, Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
T: (705) 368-2182
F: (705) 368-2229