Little Current, Ontario
Deadline April 6, 2018
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks a full-time Data Management Coordinator. The Coordinator is responsible for finding, analyzing, and providing the data that allows for reporting, quality improvement initiatives and management decision-making. The Coordinator supports a multi-disciplinary team consisting of primary, mental and traditional healthcare as well as health promotion professionals.
The Coordinator contributes by maintaining standardized data and charting processes, using and developing electronic health and administrative data systems and reports. The Data Management Coordinator functions within the Information Management program, and reports to the Executive Director.
Noojmowin Teg is committed to outreach and a circle of care approach, in collaboration with the seven Manitoulin Island district First Nation health staff, as well as non-aboriginal health professionals and organizations, towards the wholistic health of the island First Nations community members.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education relevant to the management of information, systems and health
- Two or more years of relevant work experience, preferably in a health or non-profit setting
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills that show competency in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience with databases, data quality management, reporting, developing and implement new solutions, compile reports, analyze data, specific to health and administration, preferable
- Experience as trainer, including assessing training needs and developing training plans for a range of skill levels
- Experience as a Privacy and Security Officer, an asset
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, decision-making, problem-solving, conflict management and time management skills
- Experience working with Anishnaabek people and/or in an Anishnaabek organization; ability to speak and understand Anishinaabemowin, an asset
- Valid drivers’ license and use of personal vehicle required (to travel to health clinics), clean 3-year Driver’s Record required; current clear criminal records check required
- Positive attitude, propensity for problem-solving and capacity to act as a healthy lifestyle role model.
Salary range starting at $57,775 to maximum of $67,775; HOOP pension, comprehensive medical benefits, professional development hours and generous leave time.
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three (3) work-related letters of reference. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential.” Email submissions are preferred. Employment offers will be contingent upon satisfactory reference checks, clear criminal records check and clear driver’s record.
Application Deadline: April 6, 2018
Given the traditional practices of the Ansihinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources, Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
48 Hillside Road, Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
Postal Bag 2002, Hwy. 540
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
T: (705) 368-2182
F: (705) 368-2229