Canadian Cancer Society Ontario Division (2 year Contract Position)
File No.: FNW-99-2
* Support Unit volunteers in the delivery of volunteer-delivered programs
* Assist in the development of appropriate action plans
* Monitor program performance to activity standards
* Monitor program materials within the Region to ensure materials are current and appropriately used
* Acts as a Program resource
* Facilitate, develop and implement a team-based approach to volunteer recruitment and placement at the community level.
* Work with the Units to ensure volunteer resources are trained, placed and supported.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with various health care agencies.
* Analyze and evaluate activities to identify opportunity for growth within each community.
* Acts as the communicator between Unit offices and the Division office.
* Maximizes use of existing tools/resources and identifies opportunity for development.
* Other projects as assigned.
* Knowledge of community promotion principles and health care environment trends.
* A combination of related post-secondary education and experience in a multi-level organization.
* Experience as a volunteer or staff in a non-profit organization is preferred.
* Knowledge of volunteer management principles and Canadian Cancer Society policies and procedures.
* Well developed oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Experience in preparing and monitoring budgets.
* Organizational skills to prioritize workload.
* Must value working as part of a team.
* Working knowledge of MS Office (Work/Excel) and use of databases.
* Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, as travel is required.
Send your applications to:
Associate Director, Regional Operations, Canadian Cancer Society
c/o 1639 Yonge St. Toronto, Ontario M4T 2W6 (Fax: 416-488-1210)
(Source: http://www.charityvillage.com/jobs/car2297.html )