The Food Security Co-ordinator is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, co-ordinating and evaluating the food security programs and strategies outlined in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines under the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Advocates for and supports the development of policies to address food security issues.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
* Baccalaureate degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent. Master's degree from an accredited university in community nutrition or a field related to food security. Current registration with the College of Dietitians in Ontario.
* Two years experience in a related field with direct experience with food security initiatives.
* Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the principals of food security and the community nutrition field.
* Population health and health promotion strategies.
* Community development and mobilization strategies.
* Excellent skills in problem solving and consensus building.
* Ability to work outside normal working hours in order to meet the needs of the community.
Salary: $1536.00 - $1800.83 Bi-Weekly
Interested candidates should submit their resumes, quoting Employment Opportunity 99-640, no later than September 24, 1999 to Human Resource Services Department, The Regional Municipality of York, 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1.
For more information about this position, please contact Rita Foscarini, Nutrition Manager, York Region Health Services at (905) 895-4512 or 1-800-735-6625.