Toronto Western Hospital, Health Resource and Wellness Centre (HRWC) Job Vacancy #991812; Salary/Grade - D5; $18.43 to $23.04/hour.
The following is an edited version of a longer job description. A full description can be obtained by calling Human Resources (416) 340-4141 or by checking the posting board outside Human Resources at the Toronto General Hospital.
As an integral member of the HRWC, the Community Health Resource Specialist maintains responsibility for the implementation of programs, services and activities that are consistent with the vision, values and objectives of the Health Resource & Wellness Centre. The principal responsibilities include:
* providing consumer-oriented health information and reference service to clients of HRWC using print and electronic resources;
* performing Health Promotion and Wellness Education Planning & Implementation activities;
* participating in research and evaluation activities; participating in skills and capacity building activities
* performing administration responsibilities; and performing cross-functional duties as assigned or request and other as needed
* Completion of a bachelor's degree program in health promotion, health education, adult education, or recognized equivalent
* Practical experience in health promotion, health education, or adult education or equivalent
* Knowledge and experience in the area of consumer health information services (ie. familiarity with consumer health information principles such as collection development, organization and maintenance
* Experience working with diverse (eg. multicultural) and marginalized communities
* Knowledge and experience of health promotion and community development principles as well as the determinants of health
[more edited out for space considerations]
PREFERRED - Experience in program development, implementation, evaluation and protocols; Fluency in a second language - Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin), Vietnamese strongly preferred; Portuguese, Italian, Spanish an asset
Closing Date - October 29, 1999
Please submit your application quoting VAC #991612 to:
Lori Deeley, Staffing Solutions, University Health Network,
101 College Street, CW2-335, Toronto, ON M5G 1L7
Fax (416) 340-3476.