The Peel HIV/AIDS Network is a non profit organization which provides services to people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in the region of Peel through support, education, advocacy and resource development.
We are seeking an individual for the position of part-time Outreach Worker.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
* Extensive knowledge of the issues related to drug use, sensitivity to the issues affecting drug users and a non-judgmental approach to service provision.
* Knowledge of the philosophy of Harm Reduction and a strong commitment to supporting this philosophy of service delivery.
* A working knowledge of the transmission and prevention of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B & C and other infections associated with drug use.
* Post-secondary education or equivalent in health, social sciences, social work or equivalent life experience.
* Ability to work independently and with a team.
* Knowledge of crisis intervention, support and case management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* An understanding of the principles of community development and health promotion.
* Knowledge of the principles of anti-oppression and a strong commitment to building the capacity of our agency to deliver services to a broad diversity of communities.
* Knowledge of Peel Region and its services will be considered an asset.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Providing needle exchange and street outreach services.
* Training and supporting volunteers.
* Resource development.
* Developing partnerships with community and government agencies.
* Planning and facilitating workshops on Harm Reduction and safer drug use for service providers and drug users.
This is a permanent part-time position based on a 19-hour week, with a salary range of $15,000 - $17,000 plus limited benefits. Applicants should have access to a vehicle for work-related activities, a valid driver's license and the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
To apply for this position please submit your resume and a covering letter by Wednesday, November 24th at 5pm to: Hiring Committee -Outreach Worker, Peel HIV/AIDS Network, 77 Queensw ay West, Suite 101, Mississauga, ON, L5B 1B7, Fax: (905) 896-9980 (No calls please, fax and mail only)
We thank you for your interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.