Houselink Community Homes is funded by the Ministry of Health to provide housing and support for individuals who live with serious mental illness and who have been homeless.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Support and informal counselling.
* Work with individuals, groups and communities.
* Mediation and community development work.
* Some of these positions may require shift work over a 24 hour period, 7 days per week.
Qualifications and Experience:
**Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a commitment to anti-poverty and anti- racism work are essential. Knowledge of a language other than English is an asset. Applicants must have two of the following:
* significant work experience in the areas of housing, mental health, and/or substance abuse
* relevant education in social services, community development or a related field
* direct experience with issues of homelessness and/or the mental health system
Salary $36,100 per annum with a generous benefit package. Apply in writing by January 17, 2000 Quoting File # SHW300 to: Hiring Committee, Houselink Community Homes, 805 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M6G 1L8
Please indicate in your covering letter whether you are available for shift work. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications are encouraged from psychiatric survivors, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, people of colour, gays, lesbians and women.
[Source: http://www.charityvillage.com/jobs/car3142.html ]