Reporting to: Dr. Arif Bhimji, Vice President, Health Care Development - Magna International Inc.
* Manages own schedules and appointments.
* Participates in delivery of health promotion programs to all employees as required.
* Researches health promotion topics and keeps abreast of new approaches to program delivery.
* Assists in the development and delivery of primary prevention programs, health promotion programs, and health education programs.
* Assists in the planning of all health programs including topic selection, scheduling, and delivery modes.
* Develops community liaison with a variety of health related agencies as a referral base for employees to access.
* Meets with Divisional HR personnel as required for program and delivery.
* Supports divisional staff in program delivery and planning when required.
* Assists in development and delivery of other wellness initiatives including newsletters and non-workplace programs on an as required basis.
* Must have as a minimum, a university Degree in a health related field (Kinesiology, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy etc.).
* Minimum 3 years experience in patient education programs, public health or related fields.
* Preference to major studies in public health or health promotion.
* Practical experience in public health or health promotion delivery.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
* Comprehensive computer skills with good competency in Windows based office applications. Competent in the use of Microsoft Powerpoint and other presentation software.
* Driver's licence and vehicle for transportation.
Magna Health Centre, 455 Magna Dr., Aurora, Ontario L4G 7A9 Tel. 905-713-9950 Fax: 905-713-9948