Canadian Institute of Child Health http://www.cich.ca/
Reporting to the Executive Director and responsible for the supervision of environmental program staff and consultants, the Director of Environmental Programs has the following primary responsibilities:
1. Overall direction, planning and implementation, including proposal writing of all aspects of the program.
2. Discussions with other non-governmental organizations, government officials, researchers and scientists regarding environmental issues as they affect children.
3. Identify opportunities and issues and recommend future program components and policies to the Executive Director and Board.
4. Ensure the scientific integrity of programs and policies.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in collaboration with other Directors, the Director of Environmental Programs has the following secondary responsibilities:
1. Identification of media opportunities.
2. Identification of corporate partners and appropriate conferences
3. Development of poster and conference presentations.
4. Dissemination of health impact material and information.
5. Development and management of electronic networking system.
For over 20 years, the Canadian Institute of Child Health has acted as a dedicated voice for children, improving their health and well-being. We work to ensure that this goal is met through our many publications and resources for parents and health professionals. Our role in child and family health involves working with governments to make sure the right kind of policies are developed; working with professionals and educators to equip them with the best in research and programs; and reaching out to families to help us all with the crucial task of nurturing, protecting, educating, and empowering our children.
Director of Administration
Canadian Institute of Child Health
300-384 Bank Street
Ottawa, Ontario K2P 1Y4
By email: [email protected]
Thank you for applying for this position, however, we will only be contacting candidates selected for interviews.