The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc) is comprised of individuals, groups, local healthy community coalitions and provincial associations that are seeking to increase the social, environmental and economic well-being of communities throughout Ontario. Healthy Communities is an approach by which a community determines its own vision of its preferred future, and the issues, needs and processes that need to be addressed to achieve that vision. The coalition employs regional Community Animators to support, strengthen and build capacity for Healthy Community coalitions and activities in Ontario. Community Animators provide consultation, facilitation, training, presentations and information on topics relevant to healthy communities, and reach out to diverse communities to support their inclusion in the Coalition.
The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition is seeking applications for two contract positions from Oct 30, 2000 - March 31, 2001, with possibility of renewal
a) Community Animator, Central West Region of Ontario: includes Waterloo, Dufferin, Wellington, Brant, Grey and Bruce - 4 days per week
b) Community Animator, Southwest Region of Ontario: includes Huron, Perth, Middlesex, Lambton, Essex, Oxford, Elgin and Chatham-Kent - 3 days per week
- exceptional interpersonal, communications and facilitation skills
- minimum of five years of professional community-based experience - demonstrated abilities in working with diversity of people and groups - possess strong consulting, presentation and group facilitation skills
- have experience with skills training and train-the-trainer programs
- ability to work independently, take initiative and assume - responsibility with minimal supervision
- computer literacy for word processing, database, email and internet systems
- post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent work experience
- ability to travel, including overnight trips
- knowledge and experience of the Healthy Communities process and ment
experience working with networks and coalitions;
- familiar with communities, organizations and municipalities in the region
- value working as part of a team in a flexible, highly productive workplace
- be comfortable in an environment of continuous learning and change.
- fluency in French is an asset
- potential, if not existing, home office, access to a vehicle and a valid drivers license.
Salary: These are renewable contract positions, 21-28 hours/week, with flexible scheduling, initially for a 5-month contract. The hourly rate is $21.55, plus benefits. A travel and expense allowance will be allocated in addition to the salary.
Location: This is a home-based position within the region to be served
Applications should be submitted to: Hiring Team - Central West Region OR Hiring Team, Southwest Region, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition 180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900, Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8 email@example.com
Sorry, no faxes or telephone inquiries.