Salary: $40,000 plus benefits
Start Date: January 2, 2001
The Ontario Coalition for Social Justice is a coalition of provincial and national groups committed to a wide range of social justice issues. Our coalition promotes networking among our member groups who represent
students, seniors, anti-poverty, labour groups and faith communities among many others. The coalition helps start and maintain local social justice coalitions across the province.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The OCSJ has an Action Plan for 2001 that focuses on intensified community support for local coalitions and other community based social justice groups. You will work with provincial and national groups to strengthen participation and support for community coalitions. You will be expected to: plan local meetings and conferences, work with local communities to identify contacts and help develop broader networks. You will assist in developing local action plans and working with provincial groups to gain support for local organizing. You will also be responsible for organizing provincial networking meetings and circulating information to member groups between provincial meetings.
Your Skills and Abilities
- Experience in working with a broad range of groups including trade unions, low income groups, women's groups, students, seniors and ethnic and multiracial groups.
- Excellent community organizing and community development skills
- Experience facilitating meetings and workshops
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Superior communication skills and ability to manage a system for disseminating information
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in media relations
- Excellent computer, desktop publishing skills and e-mail skills
- Office management including bookeeping, financial reports, databases etc.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Ontario Coalition for Social
Justice, 15 Gervais Drive #305, Toronto, ON M6H 3E8 or fax to: 416- 441-4073.
You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Wordperfect, Microsoft Word or RTF file formats please). We regret that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity and welcome applications from people in designated groups.