Permanent Part-Time (17.5 hours/week)
SALARY $16K-20K BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
As a member of the Community Health Promotion team, the Community Outreach Worker provides liaison between South Riverdale Community Health Centre and the Riverdale community by undertaking outreach, advocacy, community development activities; recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers; and develops health promotion activities for priority populations.
Baccalaureate degree in health, social science or related field from a recognized university, or a combination of some post secondary education and significant experience in volunteer coordination and community development work.
Experience / Skills
* proficiency in community development and health promotion activities
* good communication and interpersonal skills, a second language appropriate to the Riverdale community is an asset but not required
* training and experience in volunteer coordination
* work experience and knowledge of social and economic determinants of health issues
* experience in community organizing with excellent communications and group facilitation skills
Maria Lee, Program Director
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East, Toronto, Ontario M4M 3P3
(no faxes please)
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please