The Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit is looking for a Community Dietitian to work within a Public Health setting.
* To research, interpret and convey scientific information regarding food, nutrition, diet and health ,to education and social
services professionals and consumers.
* To maintain current level of knowledge relative to food, nutrition and health regulations.
* To identify nutrition promotion programming needs by reviewing epidemiological, socio-demographic and behavioural
assessment data and collect and analyse data related to nutrition.
* To educate the community by undertaking activities including but not limited: providing daily nutrition education, information and consulting service to the community; facilitate community groups to address nutrition and food security programs/issues relevant to the community; advocate for education programs/policies.
* To provide relevant community program and services; plan, implement and evaluate nutrition education presentations, workshops for health, educational and social service professionals, community groups, etc.
* To prepare the nutrition component of an annual operational plan, which, once approved is incorporated into the Department operational plan; to prepare evaluation reports relative to the approved operational plan.
* To maintain a nutrition activity recording system, including time tracking, public information requests and professional consultation.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL:
* Must be a registered member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (with education requirements as outlined by the College); plus, up to 2 years relevant experience preferably in community nutrition programs (health & nutrition promotion, community development, program planning, implementation and evaluation) or equivalent
* MUST HAVE:
- Well developed oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to use corporate standard computer software and computers.
- Proven time management and motivation skills accompanied with planning and evaluation skills.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- A valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required.
Successful incumbent of the position must provide the Employer with a current criminal reference check. This position is a full-time position within the CUPE 4700 employee group. Salary range: $23.038 - $25.915/hour.
If you wish to be considered for the position, please provide a copy of your resume by 4:30 pm, August 31, 2001 to:
Human Resources/Staff Development Norfolk County
60 Colborne Street S.,
Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 4H3
Fax (519) 426-9876