KWSASC is a non-profit, feminist organization, providing assistance to women survivors of sexual violence and their supporters, regardless of their economic situation, and working to end sexual violence against women and children in Waterloo Region.
Starting with the belief that women can take charge of their own healing, KWSASC offers self-directed, peer-to-peer, grassroots support. Our programmes include a 24-hour crisis line, one-to-one counseling, advocacy, public education and social action. Our expertise is directed toward helping women understand their options and make decisions for themselves. We foster co-creative relationships with diverse communities so we may better serve the community as a whole, and in particular, those who face systemic barriers to receiving support and education.
As a highly organized individual, the successful candidate will be
responsible to the Board of Directors for:
* Coordinating programme planning, implementation and evaluation
* Liaison with government funders, donors and Waterloo Region
* Ensuring responsible financial management of the Centre
* Guiding and supervising staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of
programmes and services that are consistent with the organization's mission and meet the needs of the community
* Facilitating the transition to a modified collective within an
agency that is self-directed and proud of their grassroots culture
* Assisting in annual and long-range strategic planning that
involves staff, board and volunteers
* Combination of work experiences and post-secondary education
directly related to this position
* Sound knowledge of issues, trends, and social impact of sexual
assault and oppression
* Proven management and communication skills
* Experience working with government, community partners and a Board
The salary range for this position is $42,000 - $47,000 with benefits.
Women from diverse backgrounds including First Nations women, immigrant
women, women with disabilities, lesbians, and women of colour are encouraged to apply.
Please direct inquires and applications, stating where you saw this
The Hiring Committee
Kitchener-Waterloo Sexual Assault Support Centre
P.O. Box 2003
Kitchener, ON N2H 6K8
Fax: (519) 571-0522
e-mail: [email protected]
Application deadline: September 7, 2001 at 4:30 p.m. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
[originally posted on the 'women-health' listserv]