Full Time Position
To meet our equity goals, Community Information Toronto encourages applications from all designated equity groups, in particular persons representing diverse ethno-cultural communities.
Community Information Toronto (CIT) is a nonprofit United Way member agency that brings people and services together. The agency maintains the Community Services Database comprising 3,500 organizations providing human service information in Toronto. From this database we assemble "the Blue Book" an annual Directory of Community Services in Toronto, in addition to other publications and web-based products.
Our current major initiatives are the implementation of 211, three-digit telephone access to human service information, and hosting the Community Services Database online at http://www.findhelpToronto.ca.
The Director, Administrative Services, will have full responsibility for the development and maintenance of all financial and human resource areas for the Agency. CIT is pleased to offer a competitive salary and a full benefits package.
* Assume responsibility for the planning, management and operation of all financial and human resource areas of the Agency
* Work with your staff team to manage all accounting, budgeting, financial reporting and administrative duties of the Agency
* Develop and implement change initiatives related to human resources like performance management, recruitment, payroll and benefits administration
* Provide expert consultation on employee relations in a unionized environment
* Directly supervise finance (2). human resource (1) and administrative (1) staff
* Provide critical input as part of the Senior Management Team
* Advanced university degree (accounting, human resources) or equivalent designation with a minimum of three years finance, human resource and management experience
* Driven to excel and make a difference as demonstrated by work history and ideally some form of volunteer experience
* Demonstrated ability to coach staff and enhance agency in a positive unionized work environment founded on mutual respect, collaboration and teamwork
* Strong general and project management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to communicate financial and human resource materials in an inclusive manner
* Detail oriented
* Able to offer a supportive yet accountable environment that meets the diverse needs of multiple stakeholders. CIT currently has about 70 employees and works with various consultants on multiple projects.
The ideal candidate will have a good mix of finance and human resource skills based on education and experience. This position is available immediately.
Please send resume and cover letter specifically outlining your qualifications for this position by Monday, March 18, 2002 to
Community Information Toronto
425 Adelaide St W, 2nd Fl
Toronto, ON M5V 3C1
Fax: (416) 392-4404
Please be advised that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.