HOURS: Full time position (37.5 hours per week)
Contract 1 year with opportunity for renewal
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
SALARY RANGE: $45,000 - $50,000 and benefits
The Canada Prenatal Nutrition Programs (CPNP) are community based programs funded by Health Canada and by in-kind contributions of a variety of community agencies. The programs offer prenatal teaching, nutrition information, food supplements and support to pregnant women living on low income, or with limited support networks. The programs are designed to encourage healthy pregnancies, to reduce the number of infants born with low birth weight, and to support parenting.
Currently there are seven programs, offered weekly at seven sites, in the Scarborough area.
The co-ordinator is responsible for the planning, co-ordination and implementation of the Growing Healthy Together (GHTPP) Prenatal Nutrition and Support Programs in the Scarborough area. The Growing Healthy Together Program Advisory Committee provides strategic and policy direction and operational support. The Co-ordinator will, in collaboration with program partners, co-ordinate the provision of education, nutrition and support services to program participants and work with the Program Advisory Committee to develop additional resources to support the program. In addition the Co-ordinator will supervise the CPNP funded staff and will be responsible for other duties as assigned. The Co-ordinator will report to the Sponsor Agency.
* Participate in the planning, implementation, evaluation and strategic direction of Prenatal Nutrition and Support Programs
* Maintain a multidisciplinary model for service delivery that supports the Health Canada framework for Prenatal Nutrition and Support Programs and addresses the specific needs of the communities served
* Identify and develop community partnerships to support the programs
* Prepare and manage the budget
* Provide guidance, direction and support to program sites
* Assist in recruitment and training of CPNP staff
* Supervise CPNP funded staff
* Bachelor's degree or diploma in health, social sciences, or equivalent
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills, and computer skills required (spreadsheet, word processing, database and internet)
* Proven ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team
* Proven ability to manage simultaneous tasks and set priorities
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability in group facilitation, and conflict resolution
* Previous experience in recruitment, training and direct supervision
* Previous program management including planning, implementation and evaluation
* Previous experience in preparing and managing budgets
* Valid Ontario driver's license and a car essential
* Current experience in working with children and families within the Community Health or Social Services sectors
* Experience working with various cultural groups
* Second language an asset (especially Tamil, Cantonese, Mandarin)
* Demonstrated understanding of community collaboration and working in partnership
Submit your resume in confidence by March 20, 2002 to
Program Advisory Committee Chair
Growing Healthy Together Prenatal Program
c/o Rouge Valley Health System Centenary Site
2867 Ellesmere Road, Rm. 440
Scarborough, Ontario M1E 4B9
Only candidates selected for interview will be contact. References required at interview.
Growing Healthy Together Prenatal Program is an equal opportunity employer.