Full Time (1 year maternity leave position)
The Nutrition Resource Centre (NRC) at the Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) works towards increasing the level of coordinated provincial support of nutrition promotion programming, resource development and dissemination, and program related technical support services. The NRC is committed to increasing the capacity of nutrition practitioners in communities across Ontario to implement nutrition programs and strategies in a health promotion context.
NRC requires a Program Coordinator who will be responsible for planning, coordination, evaluation and field support related to the provincial programs managed by the NRC.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in health sciences/studies or related discipline with a Master's Degree an asset
* 5+ years experience in health promotion program planning, implementation and evaluation
* Demonstrated project management and administrative skills, including the ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, organize resources and resolve issues
* Experience and knowledge of the public and community health sector in Ontario
* Experience with, and knowledge of nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices
* Familiarity with current health promotion programming practices and theoretical models
* Strong interpersonal, consulting and oral/written communication skills
* Knowledge of volunteer management practices
* Excellent computer skills
* Ability to work independently
* French language skills an asset
Location: Toronto, with some travel in Ontario required
This is a full time position for a 1-year term beginning in June 2002. The salary range is $52,121 to $62,654 plus benefits.
OPHA hiring practices conform to its Access and Equity Policy. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, in confidence, no later than 4:30 pm on April 30, 2002 to
Manager, Nutrition Resource Centre
Ontario Public Health Association
468 Queen St. East, Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5A 1T7
Fax: (416) 367-2844
We thank all the applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.