Maternity Leave Contract
ALCOA, a partnership of organizations and individuals having interest in the field of aging, encourages older adults to maintain and enhance their well-being and independence through a lifestyle that embraces daily physical activities.
Interesting and Challenging Position
Reporting to the Board of Directors (Guardians), the Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of our organization. This includes, but is not limited to: supervising 3 full-time staff and giving directives to consultants on on-going projects including Diabetes, Speaker's Bureau, Evaluation and others.
Supervise the preparation of the annual budget, control of payroll and payment of expenditures and prepare proposals, activity and financial reporting submissions to Health Canada. Develop and supervise the fundraising activities, which include Foundations and Corporations.
Committee Management and Strategic Planning
The Executive Director provides direct support and leadership to the board committees as required, including monitoring committee activities and reporting to the Executive and Guardians. Responsibilities include updating, implementing and reporting on progress on the strategic plan.
Public Relations and Communications
The Executive Director will assure clear, consistent and high quality communications with its members, the media and related government agencies.
* As a self-starter, the incumbent will demonstrate exceptional time-management, communication and writing skills.
* At least four years experience in a senior management or similar position is a requirement.
* Post-secondary Education in the health sciences, business administration or a related field is a requirement.
* Proficient in MS 2000, MS Access, QuickBooks and the Internet
* Working knowledge of both official languages a definite asset.
* Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors and committees is a requirement.
The salary for this position is 43-45K pro-rated to ten months. This position is based at the national office in Toronto. The applicant must be willing to travel and represent ALCOA at different times during the year; this will include occasional evening and weekend travel.
Application deadline is June 10, 2002.
Please send your resume and a covering letter to
Diana Dampier, Executive Director
33 Laird Drive
Toronto, Ontario, M4G 3S9
[email protected] (MS Word / PDF only)