Salary Range: $46,328 - $57,910
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted
Undergraduate degree in Health Sciences/studies that includes content with special emphasis on health promotion. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience in the areas of project management, chronic disease prevention and community development in a public health setting. In addition, the candidate will have skills and experience in researching, developing, implementing and evaluating project plans. Knowledge and applied practice with a variety of health theories including workplace health promotion, behaviour change and social marketing is required. Strong facilitation and communication skills are required. The ideal candidate must be capable of working independently as well as being part of an interdisciplinary team and of building strong relationships both within and outside the organization. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Must provide own transportation.
The area of service is twofold: as the staff support to the Corporate Workplace Wellness Committee and within the Health Department to ensure the coordination of Departmental worksite initiatives (50/50).
* Provides staff support to the Corporate Workplace Wellness Committee by attending committee meetings, ensuring follow-up of committee directed activities, researching best practice, etc.
* Ensures that a plan is in place for evaluating the work of the Corporate Workplace Wellness Committee.
* Researches and identifies public health issues, trends and factors associated with workplace health promotion with the effective use of epidemiology, behavioural and socio-demographic data, and needs assessment tools.
* Plans, implements and evaluates a health promotion strategy and the best approaches to meet the needs of Halton Region and the Mandatory Health Programs and Services at a variety of sites.
* Provides consultation support and co-ordination to internal and external groups and individuals related to workplace health promotion.
* Develops operational plans, communications & marketing plans that promote workplace health promotion.
* Maintains an electronic inventory of Health Department workplace contacts and resources for the Department.
* Functions as a member of a team in a dynamic organization demonstrating team co-operation.
* Maintains contact with staff of the region to network and maximize resources, partners as appropriate.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Posted May 10, 2002, posting expires May 24, 2002
Posting # H-157
Human Resource Services
Regional Municipality of Halton
1151 Bronte Road
Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
Fax: (905) 825-4032
NOTE: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Regional Municipality of Halton Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services.