DAWN Canada: DisAbled Women's Network Canada is seeking the skills and expertise of a part time Office Administrator to work in our National Office.
This person will
* maintain files and the administration of the national office,
* answer and direct incoming calls,
* organize our network's publications and resource library,
* assist the National Co-ordinator with our network's projects,
* maintain a database of members and DAWN Canada affiliates,
* record minutes and notes of DAWN Canada committees meetings, and
* complete other assigned tasks as provided.
The Office Administrator will
* have a keen knowledge in the issues of women with disabilities and barriers faced by our members;
* have a pro-choice equality seeking philosophy and work ethic;
* have computer related skills and experience in Internet Technology, and software applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and FrontPage;
* have a working knowledge of HTML or other website design experience;
* have previous experience as an office administrator to demonstrate abilities in interpersonal and communication skills;
* have a working knowledge of office equipment and an ability to establish functional records of library/publication resources;
* have abilities to work independently or within a team approach;
* have a working/conversational knowledge of French (Bilingualism is considered an asset); and
* be responsible to the National Co-ordinator.
How to Apply
This position is being offered on a part-time basis for 2-3 days a week at an hourly rate of $12.00 per hour with a potential increase in wages upon completion of a probationary period. Interested people please provide a current resume and letter of application to
DAWN Canada: DisAbled Women's Network of Canada
200 Bay St Suite 301 Ottawa, ON K1R 7W8
Tel: (613) 235-4242
Fax: (613) 235-3881
Application deadline is July 5, 2002. Electronic application submissions are welcomed in RTF, DOC or PDF formats.
We encourage women with disabilities and women connected with equality seeking women's organizations to apply.