The Bernard Betel Centre for Creative Living is a progressive, not-for-profit, learning and wellness centre in North York. For 35 years they have been committed to maximizing the quality of life for seniors living in the community. We welcome applicants for the following position of Director of Programs.
As a key member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Programs oversees the development, delivery, scheduling and evaluation of all recreational and educational programs and manages the day-to-day operations of the community support and wellness programs.
* Identify and develop new program initiatives to meet unmet needs in the community
* Supervise, monitor and evaluate all program staff, services and program delivery, including the Ontario Works Program
* Represent the Centre at external meetings with affiliated associations and strengthen relationships with government contacts, funding partners and affiliated agencies
* Assist with budget preparations and prepare funding proposals
* Participate as a member of senior management on Board committees, and assist Executive Director in undertaking projects and special assignments.
* Undergraduate degree with focus on wellness or health promotion or equivalent
* Minimum two years supervisory experience, preferably in a community health setting
* Proven experience in program planning, implementation and evaluation
* Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills proven as a strong team player and visionary thinker
* Superior communication, financial and computer skills
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
Preference will be given to candidates who also have any of the following
* Ability to speak Yiddish, Russian or another language.
* Experience working with seniors and in an ethnic-specific environment
* Experience working with members, residents or client advisory councils
The incumbent may be required to work some evenings. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in making an important contribution to a centre of excellence, and have the above qualifications, please submit your resume prior to September 30, 2002 to
Baycrest Human Resources Management Consulting
3560 Bathurst Street
Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1
Fax: (416) 785-2490