Salary: $40,000 to $52,000 per annum (commensurate with experience)
The Canadian Council for Tobacco Control (CCTC) was founded in 1974 by non-governmental organizations concerned with the tobacco epidemic. The National Clearinghouse on Tobacco and Health (NCTH) is a program of the CCTC. Funded by federal and provincial health departments and national NGOs, it is the leading resource centre on Canada's number one cause of preventable death. The NCTH Program's main service lines include a Virtual Library (http://www.ncth.ca/NCTHweb.nsf), reference services, and networking services.
The work takes place within a small not-for-profit organization responsive to the needs of a multi-stakeholder community from federal and provincial government departments and national organizations.
Work is undertaken through supportive teams and requires open-mindedness, ability to listen and adapt to changing demands brought on by stakeholders, funders and the tobacco control scene.
The Content Coordinator will work closely with the Content Officer, the Information Officer, the Library Technician, the Operations Manager, the Executive Director, Board of Directors and contractors as required. The Content Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager.
2. Activity Description
* Coordinate all service aspects of the National Clearinghouse on Tobacco and Health Program's Virtual Library
* Develop and prepare documents that summarize and help users navigate and understand the web site
* Coordinate the work of other team members, contractors, and volunteers in developing a schedule of content development for publishing on the web site
* Monitor national and international trends and developments in the tobacco and health fields and ensure they are reflected in the website content
* Create, and revise as necessary, the content structure for the website
* Review content of the website, with input from external advisors, and make recommendations for changes to web site content
* Extensive knowledge of the issues and current research in Tobacco Control
* University degree or equivalent training and experience
* Strong oral and written communications in French and English
Send application and cover letter to
Canadian Council for Tobacco Control
75 Albert Street, Suite 508
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7
Fax: (613) 567-2730