Casual Contract, 7.5 hours per week, February - March 2003
The North Kingston Community Health Centre (Community Health Centre) is a charitable organization providing quality health care services and programs to community members living in the north-Kingston area. The community health centre also works closely with community members and various partners (e.g., other organizations, schools, daycares, coalitions) to build on the positive aspects of the community and to address issues impacting the lifestyles and health of individuals and the community as a whole.
In conjunction with the Physical Activity Working Group, the Active Living Facilitator will develop, plan, implement and evaluate recreational/physical activities for adult residents (18 years and older) in the north-Kingston community.
The Active Living Facilitator will work with community residents who may have chronic conditions (e.g., arthritis, obesity)
* to support and encourage their activity and mobility, and
* to develop practical ways to incorporate activity into the daily life of the community residents.
* Degree or College diploma in recreation, kinesiology, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience
* Excellent group facilitating skills
* Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Knowledge of existing community resources
* Knowledge of and sensitivity to the strengths and needs of the NKCHC community
* Knowledge of and sensitivity to the needs of community members who may have chronic conditions
* Computer competency
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* CPR certification, first aid training
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Start Date: February 3, 2003
Please send application and resume by January 17, 2002.
Physical Activity Committee, NKCHC
400 Elliott Avenue
Kingston, ON K7K 6M9
Tel: (613) 542-2949
Fax: (613) 542-5486