The bilingual incumbent will have extensive knowledge and experience in policy development and program design in the not-for-profit sector, preferably at the national level, and will be able to lead and contribute to the development of
* the management, service delivery and funding framework for the Military Family Services Program (MFSP);
* service policies, standards of practice, and resources guides; and,
* mechanism(s) to assess the impact of the MFSP.
The nature of the position requires a results-oriented professional that is able to analyze complex issues and propose effective solutions. Strong communication, management, leadership and interpersonal skills are essential.
Reporting to the Director, Military Family Services, and in consultation with stakeholders, the Senior Manager: Policy and Program Development, leads a team of professionals (contractors and employees) to design, implement and manage the program, policy and evaluation framework for the MFSP.
* The ideal candidate will possess a Masters degree in Social Policy, Social Work, Health, Education or related discipline. An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered in lieu of a Masters degree.
* Language requirement: Must be fluently bilingual (French/English)
* Knowledge of the nonprofit and/or the family resource program sector, including principles and strategies for community development
* Knowledge of program design and policy development, including outcome-based measurement and program evaluation
* Knowledge of budget forecasting and administration
* Knowledge of funding management including funding and business case proposals
* Progressive experience in the non-profit sector
* Experience in program design and policy development (including analysis and implementation), preferably at the national or headquarters level
* Experience in planning, administering and controlling budgets
* Experience in using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail and Internet browsing
* Experience in leading and supervising staff
* Experience in project and contract management
Salary: $63,910 - $75,430 per annum.
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
In accordance with CFPSA standards, the incumbent must be a team player, be customer focused, have a positive attitude, and strive to be the best with the aid of their knowledge, experience, skills and abilities to ensure efficient and effective operations.
CFPSA is committed to employment equity.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements before 1600 hrs, January 26, 2003 to
245 Cooper Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa ON K2P 0G2
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
A comprehensive job description can be obtained by contacting email@example.com. For more information, visit http://www.cfpsa.com.