The Region of Peel, one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivers a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business community. If you thrive on challenge and change, consider a career opportunity with our health department. This department is currently recruiting a Public Health Dietitian at our Brampton office.
Working within a multidisciplinary team environment, you will provide education and training sessions on nutrition information to workplaces, community groups, staff and volunteers. In addition to liaising with other nutrition and community professionals, you will also provide input into the planning and implementation of a variety of initiatives to meet the Chronic Disease Prevention Standards of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines.
* a Bachelor of Science Degree specializing in food and nutrition or equivalent
* completion of an accredited dietetic internship
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* minimum one-year experience in community or public health nutrition
* excellent communications (both verbal and written) and organizational skills
* exceptional customer service orientation, and the tact and diplomacy skills necessary to deal with a diverse client base
* computer skills
* knowledge of the services available in the Region of Peel would be an asset
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Salary Range is $39,346 to $53,237. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume, stating job# 03-86 to
The Regional Municipality of Peel, Human Resources
10 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
Fax: (905) 791-6118
You may also e-mail your resume, as an MS Word document, to email@example.com. Please include the job title and/or file # in the subject line of your message. Visit us at http://www.region.peel.on.ca for more information about the region.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.