The Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario (SBHAO) has received funding from the Trillium Foundation for an exciting project that requires the enthusiasm and energy of a dynamic individual to help us achieve and sustain our goals of increasing volunteers, membership, service and revenue.
This position is responsible for volunteer recruitment and support and fund development at the community level.
This position is accountable to the Executive Director. The individual who fills this position will work with a team including the Director of Programs and Services, the Director of Development and Promotion and the Regional Manager.
* recruitment and co-ordination of volunteers to support SBHAO's activities
* research and identification of new prospects and fundraising opportunities in the various communities of the region
* create opportunities for partnerships with community service providers and funders
* conduct marketing and promotion activities to increase capacity
* evaluate and identify the unique needs of communities in the region
* promote SBHAO at the community level
* other duties as required
* experience in marketing, promotion and volunteer management, with a fund-raising or sales background
* an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong customer service focus
* the ability to multi-task and achieve objectives with a sense of initiative and drive
* excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on relationship building
* a positive, team-oriented attitude and work well independently
* educational background in marketing and/or fundraising and volunteer coordination
* progressive experience in fund development and promotion or marketing
* desire to be of assistance/benefit to the community
* willing to travel as required
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Type: Contract
Job Region: Eastern or Western Ontario
Application Deadline: May 30, 2003
Years of Experience: two to three
Compensation: To be determined
Job Contact Information
Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario
Tel: (416) 214-1056 or (800) 387-1575
Fax: (416) 214-1446
For more information, visit http://www.sbhao.on.ca.