Currently, the Injury Prevention Research Office at St. Michael's Hospital is conducting a province-wide randomized control evaluation of a Safety Education Program with 50,000 participants in Grades 1, 2 and 3. The longitudinal study links safety-knowledge levels and behavioural intentions with aggregated injury outcomes.
The Evaluation Project Research Assistant will join the project team at the Injury Prevention Research Office. The successful candidate will help deliver the evaluation to school boards and ensure that high research standards are consistently maintained. Good presentation skills and a strong aptitude for data management are essential.
As a member of the research team, the Evaluation Project Research Assistant will
* present the project to the school board administration, principals and teachers
* prepare and conduct inservice training sessions
* facilitate and maintain school, school board and community interest in the project
* help ensure data collection procedures are followed
* assist with data organization, data entry and analysis
* develop oral, written and visual presentations
* a valid Ontario driver's license and full-time access to a car
* background in statistical methods, research methods and data analysis
* outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* ability to work in a multiple-task environment and to meet deadlines
* a minimum of an undergraduate degree and relevant research experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume no later than May 30, 2003, either by email ([email protected]), fax (416-864-5017) or mail to
Injury Prevention Research Office
St. Michael's Hospital
38 Shuter Street, Room 2-018
Toronto, ON M5B 1A6
Attention: Liz Mansfield
For more information, visit http://www.injuryprevention.ca.