The Women's Health Matters/Femmes en sante Website is looking for a bilingual individual (Fr/E) to manage and massage the online Discussion Groups at Le Club, http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi. We anticipate this will involve seven to eight hours of work per week, spread throughout the work week. Work can be done at home.
This involves the following tasks:
* Stimulate discussion in Le Club (French and English) by posting messages and responding to messages from consumers
* Moderate General Women's Health Discussion Forum
* Liaise with expert moderators (Sunnybrook and Women's staff) who moderate the discussion groups
* Build expert moderator resources on French side of Le Club
* Answer email queries to [email protected]
* Perform simple functions to maintain Le Club Discussion Group bulletin boards (training provided)
* Train new expert moderators to use Le Club Discussion group bulletin boards (occasional)
The moderator does not provide medical advice but provides links to
resources where individuals can obtain more information and support.
* Fluently bilingual (English/French)--excellent written communication skills in both languages
* Knowledge, understanding and experience working with women's health
issues and providing information and support to women
* Knowledge of women's health resources
* Women's health care and/or social service background
* Experience in use of web-based online support groups
* Tact, diplomacy and maturity essential
Only apply if you are fluently bilingual.
Director, Women's Health Partnerships
Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
#908-790 Bay Street
Toronto, ON M5G 1N8
Tel: (416) 813-4752