Two (2) regular full-time openings
The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of municipal services to over 1,000,000 residents and a thriving business community.
Our health department is seeking two (2) regular full-time Health Promotion Officers to join its team. As an integral member of the Environmental Health Division, you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate health promotion practices/programs and make recommendations based on analysis of data and results related to program planning. You will also provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion theories and best practices as well as develop education and health-promotion materials for the community in order to meet program objectives.
* University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with one to three years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
* broad knowledge of environmental health issues
* knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines in the areas of environmental health
* familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote environmental health to target groups
* knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS projects or Microsoft Outlook would be considered an asset
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
The salary range for this position is $44,159-$59,745 plus comprehensive benefits.
To pursue this attractive opportunity in an organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, please apply online from our website by June 27, 2003. Please visit us at http://www.region.peel.on.ca.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.