Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association) is a dynamic, project-based not-for-profit organization. Ophea exists to support Ontario's school communities through advocacy, quality program supports and partnerships to enable children and youth to lead active healthy lives. The focus of our work is to foster and support active healthy-school communities across the province of Ontario. Ophea's network of clients involves various individuals who work with children and youth including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, recreation leaders and child care educators. Ophea works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations and other not-for-profit organizations.
Ophea is looking for a Projects Leader who will be responsible for leading a portfolio of initiatives within the Projects Department of Ophea. The candidate will be a dynamic, task-oriented individual with strong coordination and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability for multi-tasking and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead the planning, execution and reporting on the project elements within the portfolio
* Provide administrative support for various project initiatives
* Plan, monitor and maintain budgets specific to projects within the portfolio
* Coordinate communications specific to projects within the portfolio
* Liaise with staff, volunteers, clients, funders, suppliers and partners
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* University degree in the area of physical education, health promotion, business administration or related discipline
* Must have 3 years work experience in health promotion, recreation or physical education related field, knowledge and experience in the area of community development and capacity building and an awareness of issues related to chronic disease prevention is an asset
* Excellent organizational and administrative skills, must have experience managing multiple projects and tasks
* Experience in the coordination and management of events
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Bilingualism an asset
* Familiar with the operation of not-for-profit organizations
* Understanding of marketing and public relations
* Experience in developing, monitoring and reporting on activity plans and budgets
* Experience with Microsoft Office and database management, knowledge of web based technology a valuable asset
* Self-starter and superior ability to work independently and as both a team leader and team participant
The selected candidate will work closely with all Ophea staff, reporting to the Manager of Projects. This is a full-time position and the salary will be competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Submit resumes, in confidence, no later than August 18, 2003 to
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1185 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3C6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.