Our Healthy Lifestyles Division is seeking two Health Promotion Officers. As an active member of the Healthy Eating and Physical Activity Team, you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate health-promotion practices/programs and make recommendations based on analysis of data and results related to program planning.
You will provide consultation to the public, staff, community partners and other professionals regarding health promotion and best practices, specific to physical-activity programming. You will develop educational materials and health-promotion strategies and participate in policy development and implementation in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to effectively meet Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines.
* university degree in health promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
* knowledge of the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines, specifically in the area of active living
* familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and health promotion
* ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote healthy lifestyles to target groups
* knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS projects, or Microsoft Outlook would be considered an asset
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends
Salary range is $44,159 to $59,745 plus comprehensive benefits.
Please send your resume quoting file #03-238 by August 15, 2003, to
The Regional Municipality of Peel, Human Resources
10 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
You may fax it to (905) 791-6118. You may email your resume, as a Word document, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and/or file # in the subject line of your message.