The Best Start Health Coalition in Peel aims to reduce the incidence of low birth weight babies by offering free comprehensive services that promote the healthiest pregnancies possible, including health education, nutrition and social support to child bearing women and their families.
We are looking for a Fundraiser to help us reach our maximum potential.
This is a part time contract position working 14 hours per week at $24.00/hr. A three month probationary period will apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reporting to the Executive Director
* Develop and execute an annual fundraising campaign to explore all possible sources (historic and new innovative sources) of funding
* Develop and execute onsite visits and presentations to potential clients, foundations and individuals.
* Developing funding proposals for corporation, foundation and government funding opportunities
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent
* Excellent organization and management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of health promotion strategies such as community development, health education and advocacy
* Excellent problem solving, consensus building and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to work independently and off site (home office preferred)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume by Friday September 19, 2003 to:
Best Start Health Coalition in Peel
C/o: Barbara Wallace, Executive Director
57 Mill Street N. Ste 105
Brampton ON L6X 1S9
Fax: (905) 452-0760