The Canadian Breast Cancer Network (CBCN) is a survivor-directed, national network of organizations and individuals. We are joined to provide a national link between all groups and individuals concerned about breast cancer and to represent the concerns of all Canadians affected by breast cancer and those at risk.
Education: College Diploma or University degree in Health, Communications, Public Relations, or other related fields.
Languages: Excellent spoken and written English, French an asset.
* demonstrated organizational and communication skills;
* the ability to foster a healthy, respectful, team-oriented environment;
* superior computer skills using Microsoft programs;
* previous experience in administration;
* Web site content experience an asset.
* Develop new sub sites and sections on CBCN's Web site, including sub sections for young women with breast cancer and rural, remote and Northern women with breast cancer and sections on metastatic breast disease and genetic testing, among others
* Ensure that the Web site content is updated regularly, including Bulletin Boards, the database of groups, etc.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with partner organizations
* Develop and facilitate CBCN community programs and communications activities, including publications
* Develop community education and fundraising programs
* Maintain a membership and contact database
The Network's office is located in downtown Ottawa. Send your CV to [email protected]. No calls or faxes please.
The deadline for applications is September 10 at 5 p.m.