For the past four years, the Jane/Finch Community and Family Centre has been implementing alcohol and drug prevention programs through support from the Ministry of Health. With a strong emphasis on youth, the FOCUS team has established several harm reduction group and community development partnerships in various Jane-Finch neighbourhoods. Currently, we are looking for a creative and enthusiastic full-time Program Worker to expand FOCUS programs and support existing initiatives.
* Development and implementation of community development, group, leadership training and partnership initiatives that support FOCUS objectives
* Represent the Centre on various networks and community partnerships, particularly those related to alcohol/drug prevention, harm reduction, youth and community development
* Work cooperatively as a member of the Community Mental Health and FOCUS team and Jane/Finch Centre staff team
* Provide support to short-term projects and supervision of project staff, students and volunteers
* Program record keeping, budgeting, development, implementation and evaluation activities
* Other activities, as required
View the full posting, including qualifications and submission guidelines, at http://www.charityvillage.com/applicant/jobs.asp?fn=view&g_varID=15641.