The mission of The Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance (OCDPA) is to improve the health of Ontarians through leadership that supports collaborative action to promote healthy living and to address the determinants of health necessary for chronic disease prevention. The Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance (OCDPA) is seeking to hire a Manager for a three-month contract.
The Manager/Secretariat is key to the success of the OCDPA. The Manager/Secretariat liaises with and provides support to the Alliance and affiliated Working Groups. The manager will be under the direction of the chair of the OCDPA and subject to the employment policies of Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA).
* Provides leadership and coordination to OCDPA project goals and expected outcomes
* Manages operational details including budget, work plans and communications systems
* Develops and maintains collaborative communication systems with health and recreation stakeholders at the federal, provincial and community levels
* Prepares and disseminates information/fiscal reports/communications to internal and outside stakeholders, partners and funders
* Facilitates the connection between committees and working groups of the OCDPA to meet the outcomes
* Supervises other Secretariat staff and consultants as the need arises
* Identifies opportunities for the Alliance as guided by the mission and outcomes and with appropriate consultation with one or more of the following OCDPA groups: the Alliance, funders and stakeholders
* Submits regular reports to OCDPA committees and funders
* Participates in working group meetings when required
* Facilitates steering group meetings when required
* Preference given to candidates with an appropriate university degree or equivalent experience in the area of health promotion or health care
* Ability to organise work, plan logical steps, balance priorities and meet deadlines
* Experience in working with volunteers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience in working with government and managing grants an asset
* Preference may be given to candidates who have a good knowledge of both French and English
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook, spreadsheet software (preferably Excel), PowerPoint and the ability to use the Internet as a resource
If you wish to apply, please ensure your resume clearly outlines how your education and demonstrated skills match the requirements of this position. Applications will be accepted electronically until December 5, 2003 addressed to Mr. Arieh Waldman at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.