Duration: Approximately 12 Months Contract
As part of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division's multi-disciplinary team, you will provide education and training sessions on nutrition information to workplaces, staff and volunteers. In addition to liaising with other nutrition and community professionals, you will also provide input into the planning and implementation of a variety of initiatives to meet the Chronic Disease Prevention Standards of the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines.
* Bachelor of Science Degree specializing in food and nutrition or equivalent;
* completion of an accredited dietetic internship;
* current general registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
* minimum 1-year experience in community or public health nutrition;
* excellent communications and organizational skills;
* exceptional customer service orientation, tact and diplomacy skills necessary to deal with a diverse client base;
* computer skills;
* knowledge of the services available in the Region of Peel and the Eat Smart program would be an asset;
* demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team; and
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
The salary range for this position is $39,346-$53,237, plus comprehensive benefits.
Actual work location is 9445 Airport Road, Brampton.
If you are interested in this opportunity in an organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, please visit our web site at http://www.region.peel.on.ca under Employment (Current Employment Opportunities), by December 19, 2003, to apply online, quoting file number 03-427.
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.