The Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC) is a not-for-profit, charitable association of Community Health Centres, Community Health Service Organizations and Aboriginal Health Access Centres in the province of Ontario.
The Board of Directors is currently seeking a full-time Interim Executive Director for the next three to six months, to start January 2004. The role of this individual will focus primarily on the following activities:
* Ensure all existing operational commitments are fulfilled
* Facilitate the search for a new, permanent Executive Director under the direction of the Board of Directors
* Support the Board of Directors in the implementation of the Renewal Action Plan (The Renewal Action Plan is a short-term action plan resulting from recommendations made in an Organizational Review carried out by the AOHC.)
The successful candidate will ideally possess all or most of the following skills and attributes:
* Relevant educational and professional experience
* Knowledge of the community health sector
* Experience working with provincial associations
* Demonstrated commitment to building anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organizations and processes
* Experience supervising staff and working with Boards of Directors
Additionally, we anticipate that this successful candidate will not be interested in the full-time permanent position.
Please submit cover letter and resume electronically by December 15, 2003, to
Denise Brooks, President Board of Directors
Association of Ontario Health Centres (AOHC)
Interviews for shortlist candidates will take place in Toronto on December 19, 2003.