The December 6 Fund, a small charitable organization that administers interest-free loans to women leaving abusive relationships in the Toronto and Peel regions, has a position available for an Executive Director. The December 6 Fund is seeking a dynamic individual who will provide leadership and management for the organization.
General accountabilities for the Executive Director
Reporting to the Board of Directors ,the E.D. is accountable for
implementing policies and procedures approved by the Board. The position is administratively accountable for the effective management of staff and volunteers within approved budgets and the day-to-day financial management of the service. The position is accountable for establishing and maintaining positive relationship with funders, volunteers, and referring agencies.
Public Education and Outreach
* Provide overall administration, management and leadership to the
Program Manager to ensure organization's mandate is carried out as
stipulated by the Board of Directors.
* Together with the Program Manager, represent the Fund at public
meetings and other outreach forums.
* Develop a collaborative and dynamic organizational environment to
ensure the continuity of activities and events required to meet the
Fund's objectives and values.
* Maximize staff performance by defining their duties, establishing
performance outcomes, evaluating performance and maintaining a
competitive compensation structure.
* Develop and communicate policies/procedures/practices/standards tha
reflect current legislation and board policy.
* Monitor and evaluate organizational effectiveness, identify areas for
* Working with the Fund's Treasurer, develop accountability
standards/controls for grant and budget tracking and regularly monitor the Fund's financial position.
* Ensure that the Fund's property and physical assets are safeguarded.
* Obtain contributions, grants and in kind donations to support the
* Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
* Working with the Board, develop strategic (multi-year) plan for
identifying dollar goals, nurturing lasting donor relationships and
increase funding base.
* Develop annual fundraising plan to meet required level of funding.
* Develop diverse funding base with emphasis on growing and cultivating
* Develop Volunteer Management activities that will encourage and
maintain an active and effective volunteer program.
* Oversee the development of Volunteer induction, training, recognition
and rewards systems.
* Demonstrated leadership, management, and team-building skills
* Post-Secondary degree preferably in the social sciences or equivalent
* Experience working in the charitable sector under the direction of a
Board of Directors
* Proven management experience in busy and complex environments, with
the ability to successfully prioritize goals and activities
* Proven problem-solving skills
* Proven ability to effectively organize and manage and interface with
diverse organizations and individuals to accomplish and enhance the
goals and objectives of the Fund. This includes staff, volunteers,
clients, referring agencies, referral agencies, government/grant
officials, the general public
* Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
* Excellent computer skills
* A strong feminist and anti-oppression framework with knowledge of the
issues that abused women face
This is a full time contract position; salary is $40,606 and a small
The December 6 Fund
Lianne Collister Black
158 Spadina Rd
Toronto, ON M5R 2T8
Fax: (416) 392-3136
Closing date is Friday, June 18, 2004, 5:00 p.m. No phone calls please.
The December 6 Fund is an equal opportunity employer, applications from
Aboriginal Women/First Nations Women, World Majority Women and Women of
Colour, Working Class and Underemployed Women, Lesbian, Bisexual Queer
Identified Women are strongly encouraged.
Only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
We apologize, but our current office space is not accessible.