Briefly, as a member of the CHN HP Affiliate Project Management Team, the Network Development Coordinator (.8 FTE) will
* Have overall responsibility to achieve pan-Canadian and community reach to support audience and network development for the health promotion area of the CHN website
* Develop and support regional networks, partnerships and collaborations (existing and or new) based on geography, language, topic, and/or population group to contribute to the health promotion area of the CHN website
* Identify opportunities and arrange partnerships with up to six host organizations representing geographic regions, topics, populations and/or language groups to provide part-time regional animators as the local face building the collections, network and audience
* Supervise regional animators to ensure progress in meeting project deliverables and objectives, and implementation of effective and appropriate network development strategies and activities
* Initiate and lead ongoing liaison and communication with First Nations, multicultural/multilingual, and literacy learner organizations
* Consult with CHN affiliates and regional partners about audience development strategies and identify common health promotion priorities, issues, and concerns
* Develop and implement outreach strategies/processes to solicit health promotion oriented submissions to CHN for selection consideration
* Solicit and/or write articles for posting on the CHN website from time to time as required
* Fluently bilingual in both official languages strongly preferred (lesser language skills will be considered only if qualified candidates are not available)
* University/college degree in health promotion/community development/social work or related field
* Knowledgeable about health promotion practice/theory, World Wide Web, and e-health information, resources, and users
* Strong interpersonal and communication and writing skills, demonstrated experience/success in building networks, collaborations a,nd partnerships
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
The Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse (OPC)/ Le Centre ontarien d'information en prevention, in conjunction with the Centre for Health Promotion, University of Toronto (CHP) has been selected as the new Health Promotion Affiliate for the Canadian Health Network (CHN). The CHN website (http://www.canadian-health-network.ca) makes timely, relevant e-health information accessible to all Canadians.
As the Health Promotion Affiliate, OPC and CHP will leverage our wide-ranging experience, contacts, networks, skills, strategic, and collaboration expertise to market and promote the use of CHN's effective tools. A key component of this work will be to develop strategy and networks to build the audience and collection for the CHN website.
For more information see our websites at http://www.opc.on.ca and http://www.utoronto.ca/chp.
Please apply in writing no later than 5:00 p.m. by June 22 to
CHN Health Promotion Affiliate