The Success By 6 Program Manager leads and manages the Success by Six (SB6) initiative in Peel, in accordance with the vision, mission, values, and principles of SB6 to fulfil the commitments and to carry out the strategies and goals of SB6. The Program Manager will provide support to the Council of Champions of SB6 and the Management Committee and represents SB6 in the community.
As Program Manager, the successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities:
* Oversee the strategic and operational planning processes of SB6 to ensure appropriate community input is obtained and that relevant and creditable information and data are used in the process of developing strategic and operational plans.
* Support the effective functioning of the Council of Champions to fulfil its responsibilities and to perform its leadership role on behalf of SB6 in the community.
* Support the effective functioning of the Management Committee of SB6, the Community Advisory Committee and all its Working Committees to ensure that the approved strategic and operational plans of SBSP are implemented in accordance with the values and principles of SB6
* Oversee the implementation of the strategic and operational plans and ensures an appropriate accountability process is in place to monitor achievement and the need for amendments and correction.
* Develop and implement budget for the operation of SB6 and for a distribution strategy when necessary.
* Supervise and oversee the development and implementation of communication programs and strategies that raise the profile of SB6 and enable the commitments of SB6 to be fulfilled within the context of the SB6 Strategic Plan. Communicate accountability to the community about our community's successes and challenges in developing healthy young children 0 to 6.
* Maintain positive relationships with and liaises and negotiates with other funders and with members of the SB6 in order to promote and create partnerships and initiatives in the community which contribute to the fulfillment of SB6 mission, commitments, and goals.
* Represent SB6 in the community in conjunction with the Council of Champions.
* Recruit, supervise, and assess the performance of Success by Six staff.
* Document the development of SB6, as well as program policies and procedures, as the program evolves. Lead the SB6 team by recruiting and selecting, training, coaching, and assessing performance.
* Keep United Way board and staff informed of the progress, successes, and issues associated with SB6.
The ideal candidate must be immediately functional and possess the following qualifications:
* University degree in the social sciences, a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
* 7-10 years program management, financial development, social planning experience, preferably in a not-for-profit environment
* Proven effective Supervisory experience
* Experience in leadership development and coalition building
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Experience working with volunteers at a board level, in the community
* Familiar with community and social services networks in Peel
* Ability to develop effective proposals and reports
* Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
* Familiar with current trends in the infant and child development and the social service field
* Must provide own vehicle and possess valid driver's license
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their resume with an accompanying cover letter highlighting how they meet the above-mentioned skills and abilities to
Success By 6
Attention: Success By 6 Recruitment Committee
5170 Dixie Road, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON L4W 1E3
Fax: (905) 602-3651
Deadline for applications is July 30, 2004
Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.