The Renfrew County & District Health Unit invites applications for this position.
The Community Nutritionist provides nutrition expertise and participates in the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of nutrition-related components of Mandatory Health Programs and Services under the Health Protection and Promotion Act. This includes working independently and with teams, facilitating community development, promoting the development of policies relevant to healthy eating issues within the community, and presenting nutrition education and healthy eating promotion across the lifespan in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders in a variety of community settings.
Competition # CN 04-06
* Master's degree in community or public health nutrition from a recognized university or Master's degree in human nutrition with community nutrition courses or field or work experience in community nutrition or public health nutrition
* Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated analytical, organizational, program planning and evaluation, leadership, and educational skills
* Ability to use computer technology including MS Word, Internet and e-mail
* Valid driver's license and own transportation
* Acceptable criminal reference check required
* Previous experience in public health or community nutrition is an asset
Location: Pembroke office
Closing Date: December 15, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
Please forward resume indicating Competition # to
Renfrew County & District Health Unit
7 International Drive
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W5
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.