Deadline for applications is June 22, 2005.
Position: Coordinator, FASD Coalition of Ottawa (Coalition)
A one year, part-time (15 hours per week), contract position funded
by the United Way Partnership Grants, administered by St Mary's Home.
Under the supervision of the CAPC/CPNP Project Manager and with the support and guidance of The FASD Coalition of Ottawa, the deliverables from this contract include
* Identification of appropriate partnerships for the Coalition
* Defining the roles and responsibilities of Coalition members
* Defining the vision, mission and objectives of the Coalition for
the next two years
* The development of materials outlining the purpose of the Coalition
* Developing a partnership model to get buy-in from appropriate
* The coordination of activities to bring various organizations,
interest groups, and funders together to develop a strategic plan built on local needs, strengths and networks
* The development and administration of tools to evaluate operational
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Knowledge of FASD and addictions
* Ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to
* Ability to meet established deadlines
* Experience in writing and editing
* Highly self-motivated with strong organizational skills
* Experience in community development and knowledge of local health and
social service agencies
* Program evaluation and reporting skills
* Proficiency in using current computer systems and software
* University degree in related field
* Bilingual preferred
The broad objectives of the FASD Coalition of Ottawa are to
* Increase public and professional awareness and understanding of FASD and the impact of alcohol use during pregnancy;
* Expand the knowledge base and facilitate information exchange;
* Increase commitment and support for action on FASD; and
* Ensure a coordinated network of information and services.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter expressing your
interest, and demonstrating how your qualifications meet our needs and why you are the best candidate for this position by Wednesday, June 22, 2005, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.