September 2005 to September 2006
South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a casual social worker to work on the Joy Luck Women's Project - A Breast Health Program for the Chinese Community. This is a two-year project funded by the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation and in partnership with the Marvelle Koffler Breast Centre of Mount Sinai Hospital. The objective of this project is to educate Chinese women about the importance of breast health, breast screening practices, and the early detection of cancer.
1. Provide comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments of women diagnosed with breast cancer on-site and/or off-site.
2. Plan intervention strategies to support clients, family and significant others to manage cancer in their active treatment stage.
3. Liaise with other community and government agencies in the provision of services to clients.
4. Monitor progress of clients.
5. Maintain client confidential records.
6. Provide statistical records and reports to the funder.
7. Report to the Joy Luck Women's Project Manager.
1. A registered social worker with significant experience in a clinical setting
2. Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
3. Proven interview, counselling and assessment skills
4. Strong knowledge of ccommunity resources that support cancer patients
5. Demonstrated ability to provide resource identification, referral and linking
6. Excellent communication skills
7. Ability to work independently and work flexible hours
8. Basic computer skills in Word, Excel
Deadline for Applications: August 30, 2005
Please send resumes in confidence to
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M4M 3P3
Attention: Aimee Quan
[email protected] (MS Word documents please)
No phone calls or faxes please
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
SRCHC is an equal opportunity employer.