Contract Position, five days per week
August 1, 2005, to November 30, 2005
Based in the Guelph office, the Communications Associate will work under the direction of the Manager of Lifestyles and Communications as a member of the Health Promotion/Communication team. He/she will be involved in the development and implementation of communications strategies within public health programs, mass media, website communications and multimedia presentations. Communications support to be provided to a variety of public health programs including elementary school health, public health inspection and communicable disease/vaccine preventable disease.
Activities/tasks to include
* Writing media articles on various health topics
* Developing health promotion and awareness campaigns
* Writing and editing health factsheets
* Revising health information on website
* Advanced writing skills as well as knowledge and expertise in media and mass communications strategies
* Competence in undertaking literature, research reviews and report writing
* Well developed personal communication skills, both verbal and written
* Proficiency in using Word for word processing as well as skills in electronic communications, notably e-mail
Education and Experience
* Undergraduate University degree in the Arts, English or Journalism
* Five year's experience in a writing/media-related position
* Experience in program co-ordination and involvement in team projects
View the full posting at http://www.wdghu.org.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of
Wellington Dufferin Guelph Health Unit
8460 Wellington Road #19, RR#1
Belwood, ON N0B 1J0
Fax: (519) 843-2321
Deadline for application is Friday, July 29, 2005, at 4:30 p.m.