Position available immediately and is funded through March 2006 with the possibility of extension pending ongoing funding, which is anticipated.
File: OCDPA 1-07.05: Research and Policy Analyst
Closing date: 4:00 p.m. EST Wednesday, August 3, 2005
Compensation: Negotiable competitive salary, plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Toronto
Relocation: Expenses will not be paid
The policy analyst is responsible for providing expertise on policy analysis and research for issues relating to chronic disease prevention and healthy living. This includes network development and support to working groups.
Reporting to the Manager of the Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance, duties will include
* Design and conduct research and policy analysis projects related to current strategic priorities of the Ontario Public Health Association(OPHA) and Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance (OCDPA)
* Formulate recommendations, strategies and policy options to effectively respond to chronic disease (CD) issues
* Monitor developments in healthy public policy, anticipates potential issues of the OPHA and OCDPA
* Provides authoritative, detailed, and comparable information on chronic disease prevention related policies in Canada, at both Provincial and Federal level
* Assist the Manager in identifying resources and projects and with advice and ensures policies comprehensively consider the implications and impact across the health system/sectors and address a range of CD health, funding and governance issues and stakeholder needs
* Provides support for planning
* Supports the development of a policy network
* A relevant graduate degree in public administration, public health or health administration or equivalent combination of education and work experience
* Demonstrated skill in health issue analysis and healthy public policy developments
* Knowledge of, and experience with, qualitative and quantitative research methods
* Highly developed writing skills and experience in generating research proposals and reports an ability to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment.
* Competence with word processing and spreadsheet software including Quattro Pro and/or Excel
* Experience in coordinating staff, students and volunteers
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and quoting file number to [email protected] with "Research and Policy Analyst" or by fax to (416) 367-2844.
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
The mission of the OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.