A seven-month, full-time contract position or secondment, effective September 1, 2005, to March 31, 2006
File HHRC 04-07.05: Acting Manager, Heart Health Resource Centre, Ontario Public Health Association
Closing date: 4:00 p.m. EST August 5, 2005
Compensation: Negotiable competitive salary, plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310, Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Relocation: Expenses will not be paid
The mandate of the HHRC is to enhance the capacity of the public health agencies and their community partners to provide comprehensive, multi risk-factor, community-based heart health programs. The HHRC accomplishes this by providing a strategic mix of supports including training, consultation, coaching, networking opportunity and resource development and distribution.
The Manager develops and maintains key linkages with other organizations promoting heart health, chronic disease prevention and related activities in Ontario; oversees the development and distribution of all HHRC products and services resources, including the training, on-site consultation, coaching/mentoring program, OHHN, training manuals and reference materials, newsletters, website and listserv; develops and implements strategic plans and the annual work plan; manages service/program evaluation and research; liaises with the MOHLTC; participates in the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System planning; supervises staff; co-ordinates the development of annual work plans, develops project proposals, manages the budget; and performs related administration.
The position's qualifications include
* Master's degree in health sciences, health administration or related field
* Broad knowledge, skills and experience in Public Health and working in heart health or chronic disease prevention
* Successful related work experience with Ontario's community and/or public health sector facilitating/supporting community-based knowledge transference, education and training programs regarding chronic disease prevention, heart health and health promotion;
* Solid experience applying state-of- the-art evidence-based and other needs-based health promotion approaches, techniques and tools;
* Excellent program, project and work management skills, including proposal development, planning, implementation and evaluation, resource management, and practical problem-solving skills
* Superior conceptual, leadership, communication, issues management, problem solving and facilitation sills to engage with a broad range of internal/external stakeholders
* Talent for networking and relationship management with a broad spectrum of contacts, including polished leadership, supervisory, teamwork, co-ordinating, collaboration, and community and stakeholder relations abilities
* Experience in budgeting, research, data collection and analysis, project management and program evaluation
* A flexible management style and proven experience in leading, coaching and managing a diverse team
* Goal and results orientation and ability to work independently, using initiative to ensure progress
* Computer skills with Microsoft Office and Internet use
* An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
* French-English bilingualism an asset
* Legal entitlement to work immediately in Canada
Visit http://www.opha.on.ca/jobpostings.html for full posting. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and quoting file number to
firstname.lastname@example.org with "Acting Manager, HHRC Posting" or by fax to (416) 367-2844.
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
The mission of the OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.