The Ontario Public Health Association is seeking applicants for a 0.5 FTE Project Manager, Injury Prevention. This position may be combined with the part-time Project Coordinator for Youth and Alcohol Media Campaign based upon the qualifications and interest of the successful candidate.
File: OPHA 7-07.05, Project Manager, Injury Prevention, part time
Closing date: 4:00 p.m. EST Friday, August 5, 2005
Compensation: Negotiable competitive salary plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310, Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Relocation: Expenses will not be paid
This position is responsible for administering provincially funded grants and contracts for injury prevention initiatives, facilitating the adoption of best practices, fostering linkages with related provincial projects delivered by partner organizations and supporting evaluation, and participating on the OPHA management team.
* Manages and administers project contracts including negotiation of annual project plans, monitoring progress reports and financials, and review of final report
* Facilitates ongoing communications with project sites
* Provides project specific professional support
* Collaborates with project funders on the proposed deliverables, proposed changes to the deliverables and/or any major difficulties encountered during the agreement period
* Develops influential contacts and actively participates in projects and related work, to maintain linkages and exchange knowledge, both internally and with key external stakeholders, partners and related organizations
* Stays current with trends and developments in the injury prevention and related areas, through reading, internet research, attending conferences etc
* Participates in ongoing collection of information and feedback from clients regarding current and future services
* Monitors assigned project management-related functions to ensure consistency with Ministry funding provisions, overall OHPRS goals, objectives and approved work plans
* Contributes to the development and implementation of OHPRS annual work plan and strategic planning for Ontario's Resource System
The position's qualifications include
* Degree in a health science from a recognized university or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Preferably post-graduate education in health promotion or a related discipline;
* Broad knowledge of injury prevention, health behaviour and evaluation; and
* French-English bilingualism is an asset.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected] with "Project Manager - Injury Prevention" or by fax (416) 367-2844.
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
The mission of OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.