OPHA is seeking a part-time Project Coordinator for Youth and Alcohol Media Campaign.
Position is available as of October 1, 2005, for approximately 16 months pending funding. This part-time (three days per week) position may be combined with the part-time Project Manager -- Injury Prevention to be equivalent to 1.0 FTE based upon the qualifications and interest of the successful candidate.
File: 2-07.05: Project Coordinator, Youth and Alcohol Media Campaign
Closing date: 4:00 p.m., Friday, August 5, 2005
Compensation: Negotiable competitive salary plus benefits
Location: 700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310, Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Relocation: Expenses will not be paid
This position is responsible for the coordination of the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of a comprehensive media campaign for English and French-speaking youth, ages 15 to 18, in Ontario strategy to
* increase awareness about the relationship between alcohol use, dangerous drinking, and health and safety; and
* increase knowledge of effective strategies to reduce risk and increase safety among youth, parents, and health professionals.
Duties will include
* Establish and engage a dynamic partnership of youth, substance abuse prevention specialists, researchers, marketers, broadcasters, health promotion and prevention practitioners to steer the project.
* Recruit a marketing firm to produce Public Service Announcements for radio and television in English and French.
* Coordinate the development, launch and maintenance of a bilingual website for youth, parents and health professionals.
* Create public information resources for communities, in both languages, to support and promote the campaign and to assist parents and professionals.
* Develop a comprehensive evaluation component to measure the impact of the campaign.
* Compose a final report detailing all the steps and outcomes of the campaign strategy.
* A relevant degree, post graduated preferred, in health promotion, communications, or related discipline from a recognized university/community college, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
* Sound knowledge of alcohol issues, alcohol advertising;
* Skill in social marketing, communications, and application of health promotion and behavior change theories and practices;
* Advanced skills of program planning, implementation and evaluation techniques;
* Strong research, analytical, critical thinking skills;
* Sound judgment, practical decision-making and practical problem-solving skills;
* Knowledge of common office software, and computer-based services such as websites and list serves; and
* French-English bilingualism an asset.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume, including salary expectations and quoting file number to email@example.com with "Project Coordinator, Youth and Alcohol Media Campaign" or by fax to (416) 367-2844.
Thank you for your interest. Owing to volume, only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
The mission of the OPHA is to provide leadership on issues affecting the public's health and to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.