In collaboration with the Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance
develop an Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention /Healthy Living Strategy.
Chronic diseases are the leading causes of death and disability. Each year about 163,000 Canadians die due to cardiovascular disease, cancer, lung disease, and diabetes, accounting for over two-thirds of the total annual death toll. Cardiovascular disease was responsible for 34% of lives lost in 2001, roughly 74,824 Canadian deaths. Cancer is second and claimed the lives of 63,774 Canadians in the same year.
The Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance (OCDPA) is a non-governmental collaborative of organizations who recognize an urgent need for a comprehensive, coherent, well-resourced, systematic effort to prevent chronic disease at a population level in Ontario.
OCDPA currently consists of 9 Core partners and approximately 35 Affiliate members who are committed to the mission to improve the health of Ontarians through leadership that supports collaborative action to promote healthy living and to address the determinants of health necessary for chronic disease prevention. OCDPA is committed to work together with governments on a chronic disease prevention strategy.
The consultant is to undertake a system analysis and develop the "Strategy."
The contractor will liaise with the Manager of the Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance and work closely with the Strategic Planning Working Group (SPWG) and ultimately the OCDPA membership.
Written proposals due August 3 at 4:30 p.m. A bidder's conference will be held at Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) July 28 at 1:15 p.m. to order for you to discuss the project with us. The work will be awarded August 8.
Vendor selection will be based on our assessment of four aspects of your submissions:
* Product: Appropriateness to our need and environment, including any innovative element of your proposed solution
* Project: Quality of the people you would assign; your experience with similar projects; how you propose to handle shifts in project scope or timelines; integrity; availability of resources needed to complete project in a timely manner; your instructional design and development strategy and your project management strategy; and your quality assurance process. If this is a newly formed consortium to respond to the RFP please indicate any working history of consortium members.
* Time & Cost: They must be appropriate and reasonable. The budget for this work is not to exceed $40,000.
* Proposal: Organization, clarity, and brevity. Please do not repeat or paraphrase our RFP. Be brief and to the point. Company brochures and other company examples, if to be included, should be appended.
Your proposal should be organized into the following sections:
* Executive Summary: Include an outline of your solution and time and cost to complete the work.
* Product: Describe the process to be used to develop the Strategy and the final product. Describe how the product would fit in our need.
* Project: Describe your approach, including at least a broad-brush narrative work plan outlining resources (yours and ours), phases, timelines, costs, and deliverables. You should include a graphical - e.g., MS Project - work plan and critical path as an appendix, and a line-item spreadsheet to include team member roles, time, and cost per deliverable. Also include resumes demonstrating competencies for roles identified.
* Appendices: In addition to any other appendices you choose to add, include client references, client work samples (demos) and company brochure(s).
For a full RFP package please visit the OPHA website or contact
Manager, Ontario Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance
Ontario Public Health Association
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 310
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Tel: (416) 367-3313 x251
Toll Free 1-800-267-6817 x251
Fax: (416) 367-2844