To improve the health and well being of Aboriginal People in spirit, mind, emotion and body by providing Traditional Healing within an intra-disciplinary health care model (Anishnawbe Health Toronto's Mission Statement)
Anishnawbe Health Toronto, an accredited Community Health Centre, seeks a Registered Mental Health Nurse who will function as an effective member of a multi-disciplinary mental health team.
The Registered Mental Health Nurse will be responsible to
* Assess clients and identify appropriate nursing care interventions
* Provide support counseling and life skills coaching to clients and their families
* Collaborate with members of the multi-disciplinary mental health team to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate client care in consultation with clients and their families
* Carry out therapeutic treatment and give medications as prescribed
* Monitor, assess and document patient symptoms and conditions
* Contribute to the development of policies, procedures and protocols
* Assist pro-actively in planning to address the mental health care issues of high incidence within the Aboriginal population.
You are licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse within the Province of Ontario, specialized in psychiatric or a minimum of two years experience providing nursing care in mental health facilities including psychiatric hospitals, mental health clinics, addiction treatment centers, long-term care and in community based settings. Candidates will have an understanding and competent knowledge of mental health and other issues facing the Aboriginal community such as the effects of the post-colonial and residential school syndromes and prefers to work in a multi-disciplinary team. Aboriginal language skills considered an asset.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by 5:00 pm, Friday, August 19, 2005 to
Project Manager, Mental Health
Anishnawbe Health Toronto
179 Gerrard Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1S4
Fax: (416) 920-8876
"People With Disabilities Are Encouraged to Apply." (If you are invited for an interview and require accommodation, please let us know.)
Meegwetch to all applicants. However, only those selected for interview will be contacted.